1. My friend Stephanie, who likes to visit me here in Not The City, NY. She reminds me that I have something special here that you can’t get everywhere.
2. My brother-in-law, Jack, who just graduated from college. I can’t believe that, four years ago, I sat in a gym at Cornell and watched him graduate from high school.
3. My mother-in-law, Nancy, who hooted and hollered as we saw Jack during the processional and recessional.
4. Steve Karmen. I never knew before Sunday that he wrote the “I Love NY” tourism song and loads of other jingles. He was getting his honorary doctorate from Binghamton when Jack graduated, and he gave one of the best speeches I have ever heard, graduation or otherwise. I cried multiple times, as did the woman in front of me. He received a standing ovation.
5. The takeaway from Steve Karmen’s speech, that will haunt me forever: it is imperative that I follow my passions.
6. Can I be thankful for the topography here again? because it blew me away as I was driving to Binghamton and back.
7. The wonderful feeling of “regulating” after eating when I am so hungry that I am cranky and weak.
8. Air conditioning.
9. My car, which is so reliable, so pack-able, so comfortable, and so fun to drive.
10. My husband. I love watching him do chores – folding my laundry, packing his lunch for the following day. And I love that he will stand in the kitchen and talk to me while I do mine – and express his awe at my ability to whip up chicken salad. So cute.
6 thoughts on “30 Days of appreciation – Day 3”
yesterday I would of done anything to have AC. after working in the yard all day
Jax, we haven’t put our window unit in yet! I was appreciative of the car A/C though! 🙂
I am loving this! I would love to try this too. I am terrified that I don’t appreciate enough. I also love the topography of the Finger Lakes Region. Flying into the ECRA is the best in the world. Flying down into beauty and into loved ones arms…unless of course you are me and have to use the pay phone to call someone to pick you up. 🙂
beth, why do I think there’s a story there? 🙂
Monday Appreciations 5.21.12
1- Today had a lovely morning and that means I got another layer of the outside work done…pull those weeds…prune those perennials…pull more weeds.
2- I am so grateful I am healthy and capable of doing the yardwork this spring vs. being the recovering soul I was last fall dependant on the kindness of neighbors.
3- Joyful to make my first frittata and my mom actually enjoyed it! Potato’s, onions, veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, summer squash) Cheese, eggs with a touch of half and half…and fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, parsley)
4- my rhododendrons (popsicle cherry red) are so spectacular that when I was at my mom’s house across the street and looked at my home, I thought the light was on in my garage…when I investigated it turned out I was seeing the sun shine off the blooms…lovely!
5- Eight weeks until my 45th high school reunion…so blessed to be alive…how much weight can I lose in 8 weeks?
6- RIP Robin Gibbs…such talent…thank you for sharing it with us for decades!
7- Happy the laundry is caught up… and that I have a front load washing machine and drier
8- Love that bright minds still go into education!!! The kids need them!
9- all stamps are now forever stamps, how logical
10- My neighbor’s cat lives in all our yards and has a way of treating us each as her own people…she lets us feed her… she suns on our porches…she speaks when we are outside…she runs to great us…who knew a cat could adopt a village!
Cathy, I LOVE reading your lists! Thank you so much for sharing.