1. Sleeping in.
2. Hot showers.
3. Cracker Barrel. Biscuits.
4. Corning Museum of Glass, and the artists throughout time who have worked with glass.
5. My life path. I am thankful that although I always seem to take an unconventional route, I once got out of unsatisfying work and went back to college to complete my degree.
6. Blue sky. Cool breeze.
8. Feet that can walk for hours, hold me up while I talk to friends, and carry me to explore around the city that I love.
9. My husband, who will let me seriously talk to him about starting my own business and leaving my job.
10. My life path – again. I am appreciative for the insight I have earned through weird choices I have made in the past that have helped me define what I am willing to take and what I will not bear.
2 thoughts on “30 Days of Appreciation – Day 2”
Day 2 Appreciations 5.20.12
1- the message of today’s sermon at church… reminder that words are powerful and to use the following filter for our words… Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?… Perhaps not a bad idea for thoughts and deeds too!
2- the courage it took for a robin, in my yard, to attack a squirrel by flying directly at him…wow… what did that squirrel do…eat an egg?
3- my dvr…what a great technology
4- all my containers are now brought off the deck to the planting area and the soil is refreshed and ready to plant
5- all my lovely plants are also in the planting area and watered and ready to plant…hope tomorrow is not like a car wash day of rain so I can work
6- that the salad dressing for my broccoli salad that is usually made with all mayo is also good with a substitution of a bit more than half low fat sour cream…and mom liked it! Saved a truck load of calories!
7- I love sudoku and word scrambles are fun…but my brain does not seem to do crosswords…yesterday I started doing a crossword book and I am now on puzzle 8…okay so I have to peek every once in a while at the answers to check that I am not too far off…but everyone says after a while you get use to the answers…I am hoping this will be good…so I appreciate that I can do crosswords with training wheels …go me!!!LOL
8- My nearly four year old twin neighbors who yell, “Hi Cathy” with glee each time they see me in the yard.
9- the herculean effort it takes for my mom to get dressed and go to church and then to the social hour after church… yeah mom you rock
10- the lovely starry night, with peepers’ song being performed, as I walked home from my mom’s tonight
PS Amy is this where I am suppose to list my appreciations? After I write mine I go back and read yours. I want to hear more about your business idea!!!
I love reading these! Thank you for posting! 🙂