30 Days of Appreciation – Day 1
1. Coffee and Almond Joy Creamer.
2. Hands that can type, make art, make food, get pruny from dishwater, hold open doors, and clap.
3. My husband. His eyes. His hands. His hugs.
4. My friend Stephanie, who has a great mind and spirit, and always gets me talking about the things that really matter.
5. The topography of the region in which I live. It is freakishly, amazingly beautiful here.
6. The warmth of the sun on a May afternoon.
7. The band Underwater Tiger. They write great songs. They play with their guts. They make music matter.
8. My little brother, who flipped me off on the patio of Buffalo Wild Wings and giggled about my return flip.
9. The peace and quiet of small town life.
10. My friend Big Antonio, who stopped his truck in the street to say hello. Seeing his smile brought back so many good memories and made me feel massively thankful for his existence on this planet.