1. Del McCoury
2. Bela Fleck
3. Railroad Earth
4. Greensky Bluegrass
5. Keller Williams
6. Steve Martin
7. The Infamous Stringdusters
8. Ronnie McCoury (OK, and the rest of the band, too! I just have a soft spot for Ronnie.)
9. Della Mae
10. Danny Paisley
One thought on “30 Days of Appreciation – Day 8 (DelFest Edition)”
Due to Del 2012 my posting for these days have all been included… I would rather have gone to a music festival, camping , with the man I love!
Day 8 Saturday appreciations 5.26.12
1- I appreciate the amount of effort it takes for my mom to go out shopping, even in her wheel chair.
2- My sun hat when I work in the garden is a good thing!
3- When a piece of meat I barbeque comes out the perfect desired doneness, tender and juicy!
4- Mornings I wake up and my hair has not been steam pressed while I sleep into a coif no one would want.
5- QVC for messing up my order of 5 rose bushes and 3 hydrangea plants…now I have eight less holes to dig…yeah!
6- My energy efficient windows that “tip in” for easy cleaning.
7- Ceiling fans
8- Wegman’s and their produce department.
9- The feeling of being in a family of choice, when I am with real friends!
10- Summer breeze
Day 8.1 Sunday 5.27.12
1. An unexpected visit from an out of town friend!
2. Long heart to heart chats
3. Good barbeque chicken
4. I appreciate how hard it is not to snack between meals.
5. I appreciate living in a town that works as hard as Corning to create experiences in the arts for its citizens and visitors.
6. Electric lights
8. How nice a flower bed looks without weeds
9. I appreciate the feeling of walking into an air conditioned house after being out in the sun on a hot day.
10. The fresh smell of clean clothes.
Day 8.2 Monday 5.28.12
1. I appreciate deadlines…they tend to make me “get it in gear”
2. Lazy days
3. New summer replacement shows like “Royal Pains”…fun!
4. Suntan lotion to protect my baby skin!
5. Laughter …side splitting… belly giggling… almost wet your pants laughter!
6. The change of the seasons
7. Anything done by National geographic.
8. I appreciate Wegman’s auto refill on prescriptions.
9. Once I remember to slide the month and days to the correct position, I love my perpetual calendar.
10. I appreciate a good book on tape to listen to in the car! They make running errands seems so much less like a chore.
Day 8.3 Tuesday 5.29.12
1. That today the Republican primary if over and the candidates now eliminated all gave so many good quotes against each other! Ha!
2. I appreciate a “severe storm” that seems to bring hail to south and east corning yet misses me in Big Flats…
3. I love getting interesting mail…bills and catalogs need not apply!
4. I appreciate the benefits of a good spring rain…as much as I like sun…we need more…more…more!
5. I appreciate flower arranging as a hobby.
6. Being able to sleep tonight with the window open instead of needing the air conditioning.
7. I appreciate that I can go to sleep licitly split once my head hits the pillow.
8. I appreciate my friend Jill from church who offered to help me with a reception I signed up to do after church on June 10th not realizing that same day is my mom’s friend’s birthday luncheon at the Radisson at 1:00p.m..
9. Frozen Grapefruit sorbet bars…Wegman’s brand! 100 Calories!!
10. Each time I read about a former student on Facebook who is reaching a milestone in life…college…wedding…children…buying a house…taking a vacation…etc. I am so proud of each of them.